Welcome.....

To my world of the weird, the strange, the unexplained......... no, I'm just kidding, this is a happy place......OK, maybe I am just a little weird.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Let me out...I'm innocent, I tell ya....Innocent!

What a wonderful and busy day today. First, we went to Alcatraz, which is now a National Park, bet the past inmates would never have believed such a thing would happen to such a horrible place. Such and interesting, creepy and sad place, too. I took so many pictures, but I will only put this one here....


There is so much history to this place. Of course, everyone knows about the Birdman of Alcatraz, the famous "escapees" and the fact that Al Capone was once incarcerated here.

How ironic that the beautiful San Francisco skyline loomed so close yet so far in the distance. We spent several hours here and it was a lovely warm California day.

After we got back on our boat and returned to SF we went to Fisherman's Wharf for a while. Mom, Sylvia and I had such a great time "fishing" for an oyster with a pearl in it. We all got jewelry made with our chosen pearls. After you chose your oyster, there would be a little ceremony by tapping the top of the shell, three times and saying out loud "Aloha", and then they would ring a big bell...ha ha...what a racket!...we fell for it anyway, the pearls were beautiful, mine was pink, but mom's was a beautiful white one and bigger than mine...wahhhhh (that's my crying..)


Then we had to hurry to downtown San Francisco to attend the musical : Beach Blanket Bingo...it was a musical about pop culture...OMG...we laughed so hard...it was the funniest and cleverest thing I have ever seen! From Madonna to Elvis, they were all live over exagerated characatures...so funny!...Love it,absolutely!

For dinner they took us to a swanky restaurant by the ocean, called the Cliff House, due to the location on a cliff above the ocean...so beautiful. The food was very good and the desserts were to die for! Chocolate bruellie, cocoanut cake with shaved lime ice, a fruit parfait, I'm making myself hungry again!



Thanks, dear brother and sister-in-law for another wonderful day.

No comments: